Eurasian Stories: Conversations about being Eurasian
Eurasian Stories: Conversations about being Eurasian seeks to provide a safe space for conversations about what it means to be Kristang and/or Eurasian in Singapore. It will play home to human ‘Books’ — actual Eurasians from a wide variety of backgrounds — whom you will be able to loan out for a small-group conversation facilitated by a Librarian, who is there to ensure the safety and well-being of the Books. Each Book can be borrowed for 45 minutes.
This Library will feature the following Book themes:
- EHL01 Thai-Eurasian
- EHL02 Eurasian National Serviceman
- EHL03 Eurasian Teacher
- EHL04 East Coast Eurasian
- EHL05 Eurasian Telephonist
- EHL06 Glocal (global + local) Eurasian
- EHL07 Eurasian Musician in the Public Spotlight
- EHL08 Eurasian Deputy Prison Commissioner [NO LONGER AVAILABLE]
- EHL09 Eurasian Daughter [NO LONGER AVAILABLE]
- EHL10 Eurasian SEA Games Gold Medallist
- EHL11 Eurasian Artist with a Medical Condition
- EHL12 Eurasian Muslim
- EHL13 Eurasian Environmentalist
- EHL14 Eurasian Actress
This event was inspired by the Human Library movement, which began in Copenhagen in 2000 and seeks to facilitate sharing and conversation between people from all walks of life, and work toward countering negative stereotypes and prejudices about minority communities that abound in society today.
* We apologise that EHL08 is now unable to make it for the event due to health reasons. We seek your understanding on this matter. Thank you.
- Register via Peatix
- Enter the following information in the registration survey:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Your top three preferences of Books to borrow. (We will do our best to accommodate your top two choices as far as possible.)
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM SGT
- Discovery Room, Asian Civilisations Museum
- Venue Address
- 1 Empress Place, Singapore 179555 Singapore
Nearest MRT: Raffles Place. Take Exit H. The Asian Civilisations Museum is a scenic 5 minute walk away, along the river and across Cavenagh Bridge.